Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nordstrom is Where You Will Find Me

Today I took a usual trip down to Nordstrom at Scottsdale Fashion Square.  This mall is where I go to think, relax, peruse the stores, and when the time is right – I shop like no one’s business!   Not only do I enjoy visiting this mall to see what is new in stores but I also love to go and see what people are actually wearing.  This mall, and Nordstrom specifically has become the center of Arizona fashion and beauty products. First and foremost I love Nordstrom because of their friendly and never pushy sales associates.  Even more-so I feel comfortable trying out new products purchased from Nordstrom because of their notoriously liberal return/exchange policies.  I know that if a product doesn’t deliver what it promises, I can return to the store with literally no hassles for expecting the product to produce the desired results.  Other than this Nordstrom carries about all the same beauty and skincare product lines that most other high-end department stores do with the exception of its main draw; MAC Cosmetics. 
Typically at Nordstrom I buy my Bare Minerals products, check out the other counters like Smashboxx, Benefit and Chanel just to see what’s new, but more often than not you can find me at the MAC counter.   They have no question the largest beauty product section right next to the escalator and they always have about 6 extremely well trained MAC beauty experts to help you right away.   Their counter is so well organized that it is easy to select an entire skincare regimen based on your needs by yourself if it just so happens that pigs have begun to fly and there isn’t anyone around to help you.  This is also a counter directed specifically for my age group.  I feel comfortable here and feel welcomed to ask questions or ask for help.  I am telling you if MAC had never come into my life I would probably be sporting a clown face right now; I was absolutely clueless before them! 



The feeling of being welcomed is ever-present throughout all of Nordstrom, though the sales associates at the other counters are slightly less relatable to me as a 25 year old though they really are nice enough.   Today I took a trip over to the skincare products and accessories section which I admit is the most daunting of all department store sections to me.  It just LOOKS expensive, foreign and overwhelming.  For the sake of this blog I ventured over and was greeted by a gorgeous six foot something European model-looking woman asking if she “cooould ‘elp me en eny whay”.   Between being flawless and sweet I asked her if there were one item in the skincare section I had to have what it would be.  Without hesitation she took me to the Clarisonic counter and completely sold me on the $150 pore minimizing, skin buffing, ultra cleansing gift from heaven that I will be running back to the store for as soon as my play money fund allows it!   

 I think that even if Giselle Bundchen weren’t telling me how the Clarisonic will revolutionize my life, I probably would have been drawn to this product even on my own.  The display was clear, concise and honest.  I could pick up the product and try it out if I wanted. The price was shown bluntly and the advantages of owning this expensive equipment were made abundantly clear right away.  To be honest the other sections were terrifying as usual; being mostly in French, unpronounceable and for maladies I didn’t even knew existed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment