Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Day In The Life of My Skin

8:45 am - I wake up to my 4 lb Chihuahua standing on my chest licking my forehead.  Ugh, it's sweet but I'm not the only one with morning breath! Time to hop in the shower and get the day started!  I like to run the water pretty hot while I make my morning espresso to get the bathroom pretty steamed up to get my pores open, then cool the water a bit before I hop in so I don't over-dry my skin.  I apply one full pump of the RA Pumpkin Cleanser and spend about 45 seconds massaging it into my face and neck.  I let it sit for about a minute before rinsing to get the most benefits.

9:15 am - First thing I dry my pat dry my face and apply two sprays of the RA Raspberry Lotion toner to a cotton pad and swab my face and neck with this delicious smelling toner.  This product does a great job of killing off any remaining bacteria, cleaning out the pores I missed in the shower and evening my skin tone.  The natural raspberry ingredients also help fight oil production throughout the day, which I definitely need!  I then apply a pump of the RA Aloe Matte Moisturizer with my finger tips paying special attention to under my eyes and my neck.  I usually fan my skin dry with my hands and apply a pump of the Bare Essentials Oil Control Primer to help block oil production throughout my day.   Alright, it's makeup time!   I apply my Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes and on the troubled acne spots.  I am feeling better about my skin already!  I place two pumps of my beloved MAC Pro Longwear Foundation to the back of my left hand and I use my MAC 191 Square Foundation Brush (well worth the dough) to smooth the foundation evenly across my skin.  I like to section my face into four quadrants so that the color looks even and well blended.  At this point my skin is glowing and I am almost ready to leave the house, thank goodness because I hate spending too much time getting ready.  I dust and blend my foundation with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder to set the foundation and get just the right glow.  I curl my lashes, apply MAC Studio Fix Mascara in Black Fix.  I dust my cheeks with the MAC Mineralize Powder Blush and I am all set for the day!

12:30 pm -  I've just had lunch and catch a glimpse in the mirror for the first time since this morning.  It's been a busy day at the office.  I grab the e.l.f. Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets I bought at Target for .99 out of my purse to pick up some of the oil that has managed to surpass all the oil blockers I have applied today.  Not the products fault, I swear my skin is rich in oil like Exxon, I only wish it were as beneficial to me as it is to them.

5:15 pm - Leaving the office and headed out for an after work cocktail with my gals.  I re-apply the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder to freshen my foundation.  I glam up a bit and throw on some Bare Essentials Buxom Plumping Lip Gloss.

9:45 pm - It's been a great day, but time to get all this stuff off of my face!! I first remove my eye makeup with a generic eye makeup remover and a cotton pad because I like to wash the oily residue off as soon as possible.  I warm up the water and cleanse my skin with the RA Pumpkin cleanser again.  I pat dry and apply the RA Raspberry Toner again followed by the Aloe Matte Moisturizer.  For the seemingly inevitable blemish I carefully apply a tiny amount of product to a q-tip and sparingly dab directly onto the intruder.  I am super allergic so I try to use as little as possible and let it touch my sensitive skin as little as possible.   Time for some beauty sleep girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment