Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Buy Based on Looks - Yea I said It!


Today I took particular care to notice which counters I avoided, because these are counters I always avoid, I tried to figure out why.  Here’s a picture of the Bobbi Brown counter that I can tell you right now I have literally never visited and until today don’t even remember ignoring.  

 Just look at it! The counter is SO cluttered and overwhelming that I wouldn’t even know where to start. For someone well versed in skincare and beauty products this might be heaven but to me it is a complete and utter nightmare.  I have also taken a picture of a recent MAC display that the MAC Pro told me has done amazing in sales. 

HUGE DIFFERENCE!!  This display has the eye shadow cream product in all the colors and one type of mascara in the new shades – a photo example of what you can do with these two products and that’s IT!   Perfect, great, I can handle that!  This is exactly why I am drawn to MAC in their more visually appealing displays, because in all reality I need as much handholding as possible when it comes to this type of stuff! 

Today I walked out of Nordstrom with a wish list a mile long.   The two items that are no question at the top of this list are the Clarisonic life-saving brush as well as the brightly colored mascara’s from MAC.  I also have set a mental date for the pre-release of MAC’s summer collection which I was told will arrive on May 18th!  Oh, I will be there with bells on!

No comments:

Post a Comment